Wrinkle Reduction TreatmentBOTOX® wrinkle relaxing injection treatments are our most popular non-surgical anti-ageing treatment for smoothing lines and wrinkles.
Botox injections are most commonly used in 3 main areas in the upper face and 1 small area.
- Frown Lines: small doses of Botox into the area around the bridge of the nose can create a fresher appearance.
- Crow’s Feet: the delicate area around the corner of the eyes can be injected to minimise the fine lines that appear here when you smile.
- Horizontal Forehead Lines: Botox injections across the forehead reduces the appearance of the horizontal lines that occur when you raise your eyebrows.
- Bunny Lines: are fine wrinkles that are caused by scrunching the nose; the muscle called the alaeque nasi, contracts and this leads to the appearance of wrinkles.
The use of wrinkle treatments to improve the appearance of the lower face is becoming more popular.
- Chin: Botox injections are extremely effective in preventing visible contour irregularities and giving the appearance of a smooth, evenly shaped chin area.
- Fine lines around the mouth: the area above the upper lip, along with the muscles at the corners of the mouth, are prone to developing lines and indentations due to repeated use.
- Platysma Muscle: This is the muscle in your neck that results in wrinkling and sagging in this area when you age. By relaxing this muscle, this sagging is reduced
- Gummy Smile: Gummy Smile is a phenomenon that when some people smile, their upper lip elevates too far above their upper teeth, exposing gums.
Before & After
BOTOX® is one of the trade names of botulinum toxin, used commonly as a cosmetic treatment to significantly reduce the appearance of wrinkles by reducing facial muscles’ ability to produce them.
A small amount of BOTOX® is injected into the facial muscles directly under the skin where it acts to minimise the involuntary muscle contractions by inhibiting neuromuscular signal transmission. By reducing the movement of muscles in these areas, the skin stops being creased and is allowed to recover, causing the lines to soften or even fade away. In the areas treated, the muscles are temporarily inactivated (always reversible), during which time the patient can break the subconscious habit of overusing these muscles.
As long ago as 1978, BOTOX® was used as a treatment for patients with eye squints by weakening the overactive eye muscles. Since then, it has been used in a variety of therapeutic areas such as spasmodic neck, writer's cramp, tics, multiple sclerosis, facial spasm, Parkinson's disease and cerebral palsy, to name but a few. In more recent times the use of BOTOX® for cosmetic therapy has become more widespread.
Prior to any treatment being administered, you will undergo a consultation during which the practitioner will ask you to use certain muscles of the face to observe how they work, in order to tailor the treatment to your individual needs. Once the affected areas have been identified, an extremely fine, short needle is used to inject small amounts of Botox under the skin. As part of our aftercare service you will be provided with information and guidance in order to get the most from your treatment
The procedure takes between 5 and 10 minutes and starts to take effect between 3 and 10 days after your appointment, though this may vary slightly with some individuals. NuYu offer all clients a 2 week review to assess the treatment. The effects will normally last between 4 and 6 months, when you will start to notice an increased ability to move the muscles more freely.
Major side effects of this treatment are extremely rare. Most people find that the injections cause only mild discomfort. Immediately after the treatment there may be mild swelling, which usually subsides in 48 hours.
If you are pregnant or a nursing mother, treatment is not recommended.